Here you will find everything you need to know about the Virgin Atlantic bassinet policy, including the bassinet size and age/weight restrictions, how to request a bassinet seat on Virgin and more. For more information on what Virgin provides for children see here.
Where are the Virgin Atlantic bassinet seats?
Table of Contents - Click to jump to a section
These are located at the bulkhead positions – meaning the partition between a cabin, galley or toilet section of an aircraft. A bulkhead seat offers slightly more legroom, so is a desirable seat.
However, on some seats the armrest is solid and immovable (this is where the tray table is stowed) which can be a bit uncomfortable if your baby is lying on you.
On newer aircraft, in the middle section of 4 seats, the armrest between E/F moves in economy.
All baggage at a bulkhead position MUST be stowed away for taxi, take-off and landing.
They’re ideal for babies weighing up to 11kg/24.25lbs
What is the Virgin Atlantic bassinet weight limit?
The baby bassinets on Virgin are suitable for babies weighing up to 11kg (24.25lbs) Full details of dimensions are below.
|Economy and Premium sky cots||Boeing 787-9, Airbus A330 and Airbus A350|
|Dimensions||28.6cm wide x 72.7cm long (11.25” wide x 28.6” long)|
|Maximum weight of baby||11kg (24.25lb)|
|Maximum height of baby||760mm (30”)|
|Upper Class sky cots||Boeing 787-9 & Airbus A330|
|Dimensions||35cm wide x 24cm deep x 76cm long (13.8” wide x 9.4” deep x 29.9” long)|
|Maximum weight of baby||11kg (24.25lb)|
|Maximum height of baby||750mm (29.5”)|
To compare with other airlines bassinet measurements, see here.
What does the Virgin Atlantic baby bassinet look like?
Please see the image below of the Virgin Atlantic Bassinet
How do I request a Virgin Atlantic Infant Bassinet?
You can contact Virgin Atlantic before your flight to request a cot or bassinet. This is by speaking to their contact centre to request a cot/bassinet or after booking, go into Manage Your Booking and use the Web Chat function.
These will be allocated in the order we receive the requests for each flight. Your seat number will be allocated ahead of Online Check In opening.
I always double check and call the airline to check my request has been noted. I also use the airline seat map to check it is correct by using www.seatguru.com and the airline website – check the aircraft type and my seat number.
- After take- off, a crew member should immediately get the bassinet and install it for you once the seat belt sign has been switched off. If they forget, do ask!
- Most airlines require you to remove your baby from the bassinet if it bumpy or turbulent in-flight. A bassinet cannot be used for taxi, take-off or landing.
- Plane bassinet weight limits must be adhered to. You may be asked the weight of your baby before they set it up for you.
- You will not be able to stow any luggage by your feet for taxi, take of and landing as you need to keep this area clear for key phases of the flight. Once the seatbelt sign is off, you will be allowed to remove any bags from the overhead bins.
- On Virgin flights, you do not need to remove your baby from the Skycot/bassinet due to the straps and fastening belt.
I’m on a codeshare flight, who should I request the bassinet with?
This should always be done through the airline operated the flight. e.g the actual airline you will physically be flying with.
Is there a charge for requesting the bassinet seat?
No. Bassinet seats on Virgin may be requested, free of charge, by adults travelling with infants.
For further information on airline baby bassinets, please see the highlighted links.
Can I use a car seat and a bassinet?
No, you will not be able to use a car seat and a bassinet. The bassinet is only an option for lap babies and not babies that have their own seat.
Interested in seeing other airlines bassinets?
- American Airlines
- British Airways Bassinet
- Delta bassinet
- Emirates Bassinet
- Singapore Airlines bassinet
- Turkish Airlines Bassinet
- United Airlines Bassinet
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways to get further useful helps and tips!
1. Join our friendly TRAVEL WITH BABIES and TODDLERS Facebook Group here, which includes lots of ideas & tips for travel with little one, no matter where you live in the world!
3. FOLLOW Flying With A Baby on the following platforms for EXCLUSIVE content :
4. If you loved the content and want to say thank you, please click here to buy me a virtual coffee
5. Please SHARE this post with your friends.
Thank you for your support as always.