Everything to need to know about the United Airlines Bassinet
Here you will find everything you need to know about the United Airlines bassinet policy, including the bassinet size and age/weight restrictions, what the bassinets look like in economy and business (Polaris) how to request a bassinet seat on United and more.
Does United have bassinets?
Yes, they do on select aircraft in some classes and on international flights.
Where are the United Airlines bassinet seats?
A limited number of complimentary bassinets are available for use on. These are located at the bulkhead positions – meaning the partition between a cabin, galley or toilet section of an aircraft. A bulkhead seat offers slightly more legroom, so is a desirable seat.
Note the United website does state, “Bassinets are available for customers traveling international segments in United Polaris business class on select 757, 767, 777 and 787 aircraft and in United Economy on 757, 767, 777 and 787 aircraft. Bassinets are not available for customers traveling in United First or United Business at this time.”
Location of Bassinets on the United Airlines fleet.
Planes with bassinets and seat numbers of their location in POLARIS (B) or Economy PLUS (E+)
- B787-900 POLARIS (B) : 6AB, 6KL Economy+ 16ABC, 16DEF, 16JKL, 29DEF
- 787-8 (B) 4AB, 4KL E+ 16ABC, 16JKL, 17DEF, 27DEF
- 777-200 (3-class 777-200 (3-class} (E+ 19G, 34G)
- 777-200 2-Class BF (B) 8AB, 8KL, E+16DEF, 31DEF)
- 777-200 2-class Hawaii (none)
- 767-300 3-class E+ 19CEH
- 767-300 2-class (B) 1AB, 1KL, E+ 16EF
- 767-400ER E+ 16DEF, 28DEF
- 757-200 16 (B) 1AB E+ 8DEF
All baggage at a bulkhead position MUST be stowed away for taxi, take-off and landing.
What is the United Airlines bassinet size?
- United bassinets are large enough to hold an infant weighing 22 pounds (10 kg) or less.
- They measure 29″ length x 11″ width x 7″deep
- To compare with other airlines bassinet measurements, see here.
- There’s a little mirror on the inside of the lid in the business class bassinets which you can use to help keep an eye on your baby.
How do I request a United Airlines bassinet?
After you make a booking and have your booking reference details, you have a couple of options:
- Request a bassinet by calling the United Customer Contact Center at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) within the United States or the appropriate Worldwide Contact Center. They will provide accompanying seat assignments for an adult traveling with an infant and up to one travel companion. You can arrange these seat assignments with the United Customer Contact Center
- or with a United representative at the airport free of charge. It is very often the first family at the boarding gate requesting the bassinet, who is allocated one (subject to availability)
This should always be done through the airline operated the flight. e.g the actual airline you will physically be flying with.
Is there a charge for requesting the bassinet seat?
No. Bassinet seats on United may be requested, free of charge, if you are travelling with infants.
Is the United bassinet in Economy class the same as the bassinet in business class?
No, the Polaris (Business Class) bassinets are inbuilt into a compartment like the picture above. United Airlines have bassinets on their international B757, B767, B777 and B787 fleet in economy and on international segments in United Polaris business class on select 757, 767, 777 and 787 aircraft.
Bassinets are not available for customers traveling in United First® or United Business® at this time.
For further information on airline baby bassinets, please see here.
Interested in seeing other airlines bassinets?
- British Airways Bassinet
- Emirates Bassinet
- Singapore Airlines bassinet