Here you will find everything you need to know about the Singapore Airlines baby bassinet policy, including the bassinet size and age/weight restrictions, how to request a bassinet seat on Singapore Airlines and more. For more information on what Singapore Airlines provides for children see here.
Does Singapore Airlines supply a bassinet/carrycot?
Yes. All bassinet seats are reserved for passengers with infants, on a first-come-first-served basis.
Where are the Singapore Airlines bassinet seats?
These are located at the bulkhead positions – meaning the partition between a cabin, galley or toilet section of an aircraft. A bulkhead seat offers slightly more legroom, so is a desirable seat.
However, on some seats the armrest is solid and immovable (this is where the tray table is stowed) which can be a bit uncomfortable if your baby is lying on you. bassinet on singapore airlines
All baggage at a bulkhead position MUST be stowed away for taxi, take-off and landing.
The bassinets on Singapore Airlines are ideal for babies weighing up to 14kg / 30.8lbs.
What is the Singapore Airlines bassinet weight limit?
Singapore Airlines bassinet policy: Bassinet sizes may vary by aircraft. The smallest bassinet measures at 768mm / 30.76in (L) x 298mm / 11.96in (W) x 158mm/ 8in (H), and can support a maximum weight of 14kg / 30.8lbs.
To compare with other airlines bassinet measurements, see here.
What does the Singapore Airlines baby bassinet look like?
Please see the Singapore airlines bassinet pictures below.
How do I request a Singapore Airlines Bassinet Seat?
When booking online, you can request a bassinet in the ‘Select seats’ section, prior to making your payment.
What happens if I don’t reserve a bassinet/carrycot seat?
You might not be able to get one as bassinets are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. If a bassinet is not available, your infant will be seated in your lap and an infant seatbelt will be provided.
- After take- off, a crew member should immediately get the bassinet and install it for you once the seat belt sign has been switched off. If they forget, do ask!
- Most airlines require you to remove your baby from the bassinet if it bumpy or turbulent in-flight. A bassinet cannot be used for taxi, take-off or landing.
- Plane bassinet weight limits must be adhered to. You may be asked the weight of your baby before they set it up for you.
I’m on a codeshare flight, who should I request the bassinet with?
This should always be done through the airline operated the flight. e.g the actual airline you will physically be flying with.
Is there a charge for requesting the bassinet seat?
No. Bassinet seats on Singapore Airlines may be requested, free of charge, by adults travelling with infants.
For further information on airline baby bassinets, please see the highlighted links.
Interested in seeing other airlines bassinets?
- British Airways Bassinet
- Emirates Bassinet
- Turkish Airlines Bassinet
- United Airlines Bassinet
- Virgin Atlantic Bassinet
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways to get further useful helps and tips!
1. Join our friendly TRAVEL WITH BABIES and TODDLERS Facebook Group here, which includes lots of ideas & tips for travel with little one, no matter where you live in the world!
2. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. FOLLOW Flying With A Baby on the following platforms for EXCLUSIVE content :
4. If you loved the content and want to say thank you, please click here to buy me a virtual coffee
5. Please SHARE this post with your friends.
Thank you for your support as always.
Monday 28th of March 2022
Hi we have four flight bookings. Two in June and two in August . We are a family of four (one of them is an infant- 6 months at the time of travel) The baby won’t fit into the bassinet. But, We have been assigned bassinet seats by default and we don’t want the bassinet seats. Instead would like 3 seats in a row. Please can you contact me regarding this.
Monday 28th of March 2022
Hi Ankita, You will need to contact your airline and request this - but a 6 month old will fit into the Singapore Bassinet- pictured is a 9 month old inside ;-)