Best Sunscreen for Babies With Eczema 2019
Both my little ones struggle with eczema and the sun does seem to aggravate it, as does the cold so we can’t really win! However, there are thankfully several different products to try which may help your little one. I know so many people who ask, “what is the best sunscreen for babies with eczema?” However, obviously, everybody reacts differently so I don’t think there is a ‘one size fits all’ product, but you may like to try these and see if they work for you too.
What’s more these products are available online as well as some stores around the world. Please do let me know if I have missed out a product that has worked for you and is one of the best sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin.
Is sunscreen safe for babies?
Babies under 6 months are recommended never to be exposed to the sun. The NHS states, “Keep babies under the age of six months out of direct sunlight, especially around midday.” Therefore you may see that many creams are not advised for babies under six months when exposure should be avoided.
However, sometimes this is impractical when travelling so you may need to invest in some suitable sun protection. Look for sunscreen which contains titanium dioxide or zinc oxide – as these create a physical barrier from the sun. Always check the label before use and apply 20 to 30 minutes before going outside.
Best Sunscreen for Babies With Eczema
- Little People Organic Children SPF 30 sun lotion SPF30 contains no gluten, PEg’s parabens, MI, SLS/SLES, lanolin, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, propylene glycol, colourants and alcohol.
- Its 78% organic natural ingredients include; avocado, sunflower and olive oil, beeswax, aloe vera, edelweiss and rosemary extract. It’s a thick cream but absorbs well. The Green People highlights that this suncream is for sensitive skin.
- Ingredients: Aqua (Spring Water), Isoamyl P-Methoxycinnamate (Naturally occurring UV-Filter), Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit oil*, Helianthus Annuus (SUNFLOWER) Seed Oil*, Cetaryl Alcohol (Emulsifying Plant Wax), Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Elais Guinesis (Palm) Oil*^, Titanium Dioxide [Nano] (Mineral UV-Filter), Glyceral Sterate (Plant Derived Emulsifier), Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Leontoppodium Alpium (Edelweiss) Leaf Extract*, Commiphora Myrrah (Myrrh) Oil^, Rosmeary) Leaf Extract*, Cetearyl Glucoside (Plant derived Emulsifer), Sodium Stearoyl Glutomate (Plant Derived Emulsifier), Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phytic Acid. *84% CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS, ^FAIRLY TRADED (Period After Opening 6M)
- For more information on Green People Organic Children sun lotion and latest prices, see here.
- Badger Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Broad spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays using the safe mineral Zinc Oxide – No oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents. Zinc based. This is one of the most natural sunscreen for baby eczema.
- Ingredients: Non-Nano, Uncoated Zinc Oxide 18.75%*Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), *Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil, *Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Extract*=Certified Organic.
- For more information on the Badger Broad Spectrum sunscreen and latest prices see here.
- Childs Farm 50+ SPF sun cream sensitive Suitable for 6 months upwards, free from parabens, SLSs, mineral oils and artificial colours. It is a thick white cream but does the trick! Considered a ‘miracle cream’ by many in the UK and a good contender for the best sunscreen for toddlers with eczema – they wriggle so much but the cream stays put.
- Ingredients: Aqua, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Dibutyl Adipate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Triacontanyl PVP, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Galactoarabinan, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Cellulose Gum. No artificial colours, parabens, SLSs or mineral oils. All packaging is 100% recyclable.
- For more information on Childs Farm Sunscreen for sensitive skin and latest prices, see here.
- Sunsense is Australian made. This is often recommended by doctor’s and can sometimes be available on prescription. Light to put on and dermatologically tested. Contains titanium dioxide.
- There is also a roll on option, which is handy for kids to have in their school bags.
- Ingredients: Aqua (water), C12-13 alkyl octoanoate, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, isostearic acid, glycerin, titanium dioxide, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, potassium cetyl phosphate, benzophenone-3, pvp/eicosene copolymer, octyl triazone, phenoxyethanol, aluminium stearate, butylene glycol, xanthan gum, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, magnesium aluminium silicate, methylparaben, peg-4 laurate, disodium edta, propylparaben, bht, parfum, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.
- For more information on Sunsense and latest prices see here.
If your little one has sensitive skin- you may also be interested in some of the other products I use.
Disclaimer: Flying With A Baby is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and its partners. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Some of the links may contain affiliate links.