American Airlines Stroller Policy
American Airlines, like all airlines allow strollers onto the flight. Below you will find their latest policy on strollers and travel systems.
American Airlines Stroller Rules
Carry- on and Checked Baggage
- Each ticketed customer is allowed 1 stroller and 1 car seat to be checked free of charge.
- If you have a stroller and a car seat only 1 can be checked at the gate.
- Strollers over 20 lbs / 9 kgs must be checked at the ticket counter. The majority of double strollers and some joggers are over this limit. It is highly likely that you will get stopped at security if at one of AA’s hubs if you try and gate check and asked to return to the main check-in.
- Play pens, wagons, cribs and “pack and play” count as regular baggage.
- If any of these exceed carry-on limits they’ll be checked and incur regular fees.