We’ve asked families who regularly camp for their favourites. I can count the number of times we have been camping (glamping) with kids on one hand (well one finger actually). We keep talking about doing it and either buying a tent or hiring a RV, (here are some great U.K. routes if you have a camper van or motorhome) or staying at an on-site camping ground in a caravan or lodge. I have fond memories of doing this as a kid and my husband used to do it every weekend when he lived in Australia. Now our eldest keeps begging us.
As I know pretty much zero about camping in the UK as a family, I’ve been asking those who do it on a regular basis to help us plan where to go. They already assisted with these genius camping with kids tips and have now recommended the UK’s best campsites for kids and which campsites are the most family friendly. From back to basics traditional camping to holiday parks with lots of facilities, or if you prefer to go glamping, this guide covers recommendations from people who have visited and loved their stay.
There ended up being so much useful information, that I’m sharing it all here with you too. Hopefully, if you are newbies like us, it will help you decide which campsite to visit. Let me know which one you decide on! I’ll report back with ours soon! Also please let me know if you have a family friendly campsite that you recommend and should be included in this guide to the best family campsites (UK)
Things to consider when choosing your family campsite in the UK
- Is there electric hook up?
- Is there a water connection?
- Is the pitch flat or on a slope?
- Do you absolutely need wifi? Is there a place to charge your phone if needed?
- What attractions are near by if the weather is bad?
- Is there a noise curfew?
- Do the pitches have marked boundaries like hedges etc?
- Is bed linen, towels etc provided?
- Are you allowed food deliveries to the site?
- What is included in the fee: awnings etc?
- Are their activites on site, or can you make your own fun eg an outdoor scavenger hunt?
- Can you bring other vehicles like quad bikes etc to explore the area?
Henlow Bridge Lakes – Bedfordshire
Henlow Bridge Lakes has lots of playgrounds, bunny rabbits and guinea pigs to hold, goats to walk, chickens to see. Free tractor trailer rides and entertainment during holidays and a fun tent and bouncy castle. Enjoy walks around the fishing lakes – there is even a kids fishing lake.
- Caravans and RV’s 55 hardstanding- 10 amp electric and water close by. 125 grass -10 amps electric and water points, perfect for tents, caravans and RVs up to 11 metres.
- Hayward’s Amenity Block which has underfloor heating, baby changing facilities, a disabled wet room, showers, toilets and a laundry room.
- Free activities during the summer holidays; e.g goat walking, soft play, arts & crafts.
- Play areas
Town Farm Camping, Ivinghoe – Bedfordshire – “Nice play area and very family orientated.”
- Tents (no electric hook-ups available for tents however there are power-points located in the facilities blocks.
- Caravans and motorhomes: 8 Grass Hook-Ups, 7 Hard-Standing Hook-Ups – include a concrete pad for level parking, an adjacent patch of grass suitable for awnings, drinking water tap and grey water drain. Electricity is included in the nightly rate.
- Campervans and Trailer tents have perhaps the most pitching flexibility as they can choose to pitch alongside the tents, or if they prefer, on the electrical hook-ups.
- Can rent a tent.
- Male and Female Toilets, wash basins and hand dryers
- Hot indoor Showers
- Washing up facilities
- Disabled Shower and Toilet
- Coin operated Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
- Chemical Waste Disposal
- Electrical Hook-ups (for Caravans, Motorhomes, Campervans and Trailer Tents only)
- Internet (subject to demand)
- Public Powerpoints
- Communal Fridge and Freezer (Please bag and label all items)
- Play Area
Pentewan Sands Holiday Park – Cornwall (no dogs allowed)
3 minutes walk from the beach!
- Holiday Homes ( two and three bedroomed)
- Touring Caravan
- Electricity 240v, 16amp to all standard pitches. Non-electric pitches are as shown on the site plan. Non-electric Premium, Premium Plus and Beach Front pitches are also available
- Four modern amenity blocks with unlimited hot water, bathroom, disabled facilities, baby changing facilities and laundrette.
- Two indoor swimming pools: a lap pool and a play pool with water flume for the kids. There’s also a whirlpool bath to relax in, an amusement arcade and indoor soft-play zone.
- Tennis courts
Tregarton Park, Cornwall (dog friendly)
“A beautifully clean and friendly park which has an outdoor warm pool and tennis courts and a lovely onsite shop and cafe.”
All pitches are divided by hedging or shrubs to offer you an individual, secluded camping experience.
Every pitch has a 10amp electricity supply. As well as grass pitches they offer awning friendly gravel hardstanding and tarmac with artificial grass pitches.
- Grass Pitch with Electric
- Grass Pitch with Electric and Water Connection
- Grass Pitch with Electric, Water Connection and Grey Waste Drainage Connection
- Awning Friendly Gravel Hardstanding Pitch with Electric
- Awning Friendly Gravel Hardstanding Pitch with Electric and Water Connection
- Awning Friendly Gravel Hardstanding Pitch with Electric, Water Connection and Grey Waste Drainage Connection
- Toilet and shower block
- Laundry room with coin operated commercial washing machines and dryer.
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
- Park shop
Trevornick Holywell Bay – Cornwall
- Static caravans
- Euro Tent
- Touring (caravan, campervan or a motorhome)
- Non – Serviced Pitches-The best option for traditional camping
- Standard Pitches -A well kept grass pitch, with 10amp 240V electric terminals. You can bring your own leads or hire.
- Premium Pitches -Situated in a prime camping location these pitches have water, electric, TV connection and access to the on-site movie channel.
- Premium Plus Pitches – These campsite pitches offer the same camping facilities as the premium pitches but have the added extra of an all weather semi hard standing base.
- Super Pitches – A well-kept grass pitch, with water, electric hook-up, grey waste drainage, TV connection and access to the on-site movie channel. These pitches are situated in a variety of areas onsite giving you plenty of choice.
- Super Plus Pitches – These campsite pitches offer the same facilities as our super pitches but have the added extra of an all weather semi hard standing base.
- Wild Tribe, an outdoor skills adventure club.
- Trevornick Kids Club
- The Bear Den, an indoor soft play area
- Onsite arcade filled with amusement games suitable for all ages. Table tennis, a pool table and darts board across in the conservatory.
- Trevornick Sports Field
- Swimming pool
- Hire shop
- Free heated showers, family bathrooms suites with baby changing units, disabled facilities and modern toilet blocks are located throughout the park.
Western Meadows, Cornwall
“This small Cornish glamping site is a wonderful place to let the kids roam free while you enjoy a glass of wine on the veranda and soak up the valley view. Even better, Western Meadows Glamping is dog-friendly and each of the three fully furnished safari tents comes with a bathroom and shower. This is the perfect set up for families taking their first glamping trip as there’s no chilly walk to the toilet block at night. Onsite there’s a small honesty shop, and just across the road there’s a children’s activity farm. Our car was firmly parked all weekend!” Read more of Tin Box Traveller’s review on one of her best family campsites here
- Glamping only
- Accommodation available:
- Safari Tents – sleeps six plus a cot, are large and well equipped with king size bed, 2 single beds and double den bed. Bathroom and kitchen inside the tent, with wood burning range cooker for cooking on and baking in, dining area and lounge, out to covered veranda, with stair gate for safety, all built on a sturdy insulated wooden base set in stunning countryside in Cornwall.
Pitch Type: N/A
- All bedding, sheets duvets and covers, pillows and covers are provided (all beds and pillows have protectors fitted), except for a cot, please bring your own.
- fridge 60L /freezer 25L.
- bath towels and hand towels are provided. Plus tea towels.
- Hot water is provided by an instant gas water heater situated outside the tent. Hot and cold water are mains water fed.
- There is a double shower and a washbasin inside the tent.
- Toilet inside the tent
- Electricity is provided inside the tent. There isa toaster, kettle, fridge freezer and lights in the kitchen, bathroom and lounge area powered from two double sockets situated in the kitchen. 230 Volt 50 Hz supply with ELCB breaker limited to 1Kw.
- Large trampoline (with safety netting) and a climbing frame with swings.
- Fire pit
- Honesty shop with essentials
Derbyshire & Peak District
Jenny from Peak District Kids has a brilliant resource for the best family camping in the Peak District here
Cofton in Dawlish, Devon.
“Indoor and outdoor pools. Loads for kids to do. Oh and evening entertainment every night in the bar. Emilia’s pantry upstairs serves food and had small soft play area too.”
- caravans – 2 or 3 bedroom
- grass, hard standing, and fully serviced pitches
- amusement arcades
- walks and trails
- indoor heated pool
- climbing wall
- adventure playground
- indoor play area for under 8’s
- clubs and activities
Crealy Meadows – Devon
- Medieval Glamping tents
- Luxury Safari Cabins with Halogen Hob/Combi Oven
- Luxury Safari Cabins with Wood Burning Stove
- Pre-Pitched Tourers
- Premier all weather pitches- 2m x 12m pitches with gravelled hard standing that are ideal for touring and motor home breaks whatever the weather.
- Standard touring Pitches – 10m x 10m grass pitches to suit any tent or caravan accommodationSuper Pitches – 12m x 12m pitches with hard standing that are ideal for touring caravans, and motorhomes.
- Modern shower and washroom facilities with underfloor heating and touch point showers
- Private family and accessible bathrooms with baby change facilities
- Undercover dish washing areas
- Children’s play areas
- Activity programme
- Free Wi-Fi
River Dart Country Park – Devon
- Touring caravan
- Tent, motorhome
- Motor caravan
- Hard standing
- Modern, well-equipped amenity blocks, with free hot water and showers
- Electric hook-up points (book early)
- Hardstanding camping pitches (please request when booking)
- Facilities for disabled and young families
- Covered washing up areas
- Water and rubbish points
- Laundry rooms (coin operated)
- Tennis courts – please bring your own rackets
- Secure barrier entry system
- Recycling facilities
- Toddlers Beach
- Old Sawmill Cafe & Restaurant
- Wi-Fi – wifi zones onsite
- Well behaved pets welcome, must be kept on a lead at all times. (Max of 2 dogs)
- The yurt will sleep 4 to 6 people, ideal for a family or a real treat for a couple. Each yurt is positioned in its own secluded spot with plenty of space and privacy and has its own outdoor seating area with barbeque facilities.
- Close by to the yurts we have the barn which is equipped with toilets and a shower.
- A fully equipped kitchen with indoor dining area and each yurt is allocated its own fridge and food storage box.Adjacent to the kitchen is a snug room with sofas and chairs where you can relax and unwind. The snug has a selection of games for all ages including pool, darts and table football, as well as art stuff for kids.
“We love Warcombe Farm campsite just outside Woolacombe. They’re lovely people, there’s a convenient little shop, big pitches, a nice playground and space for kids to play football, great toilets/showers, lovely sunsets, nice walk from the bottom of the campsite through nature areas down to the coastal path. And it’s only 5 mins drive to Woolacombe for fab bodyboarding. For us we go as a group and there’s not many places where you can a) go as a group and b) choose your pitches before going. We’re going back for the 3rd time this year (I’d rather try other places for the off camping exploring, but it’s got everything we need so it’s a nobrainer).” Read more of Bubba Blue and Me’s family campsites review here
Accommodation available – none
- Standard – A grassy space for tents or small camper vans. Average size 10 metres by 8 metres. Will take a tent 6 x 5 metres (excluding guy rope).
- Standard XL – A grassy space for larger tents. Average size 12 metres x 9 metres. Will take large family tent.
- Serviced – A grassy or full hard standing pitch which has an electric hook up point (16 amp supply). Average size 10 metres x 8metres. Will take a tent 6 x 5 metres, motor-home or caravan plus awning.
- Serviced XL – Grass pitch with electric hook up point. Will take a large family tent, max 7 metres, caravans or motorhomes.
- Pitch Plus – Grass pitch with electric hook up, water point and grey water drain. Suitable for tents, caravans or motorhomes.
- Super Pitch – Extra large pitch approximately 14 metres by 10 metres. Gravel car parking space. Will take tents up to a max size of 7 metres, or caravan plus awning. Electric hook up point, Water point and grey water drain.
- Premier Pitch – Extra large pitch approximately 14 metres x 10 metres. Gravel car parking space. All have a brick stand for your own BBQ and large wooden picnic bench. Some have cycle racks and great views, some are marvelously secluded.
- Sea View Pitch – Serviced pitches found at the bottom of our site, overlooking the gorgeous North Devon coastline and the Bristol Channel.
- Lakeside Gravel Pitch – The Lakeside gravel pitch has all the facilities of a premier pitch but has direct access to the water via a gate at the back of the pitch as well as the benefit of being so close to the beautiful lake.
- All pitches except standard have electric hookup.
- Luxurious shower and toilet blocks including; Under floor heating, Luxury showers and washrooms, Toilets and hand basins, Family shower room, Disabled shower & toilet.
- Chemical waste disposal
- Motor home waste disposal unit
- Launderette – including washing machines, tumble dryers, spin dryers, ironing facilities & deep sinks, Drying room
- Washing up & vegetable preparation area.
- Calor Gas exchange service.
- Wifi available across the campsite.
- Reception with well-stocked shop.
- Freezer block hire service.
- Microwave Ovens available.
- Dog wash & Boot wash.
- Chemical Toilet disposal point.
- Tourist information and maps.
- Fantastic five star amenities with under-floor heating.
- Private Fishing Lake (coarse fishing) and fishing tackle hire: Learn More.
- Fisherman’s Pitches – direct access to the fishing lake (via pitch gate).
- Fenced childrens’ play area.
- Fantastic 15 acre Woodland with Nature trail where you can access the coastal footpaths , exercise your dog and enjoy lovely views.
- Campsite lighting.
- Pitch Plus pitches – containing own water supply & waste water drainage.
- All pitches except standard have electric hookup.
West Middlewick Farm – North Devon
The farm is a fully working farm with chickens (free range) ducks, pigs & cows. There is a farm shop on site.
- Self catering log cabins – Each log cabin has an impressive double bedroom with en-suite facilities and two twin rooms with an additional family bathroom.
- Log pod – Each log pod has a 4′ 6″ futon perfect for two, as well as a 11′ long hammock – suitable for one or two small children. The log pods are both heated and well insulated
- Bed and Breakfast
- Toilet Facilities
- Hot Showers
- Washing Up
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Laundry On Site
- Drinking Water
Bijou Camping, Swanage – Dorset
- Bell tent
- Grass – free camp, you choose where you’d like to go.
- Adventure playground and skate park
- No electricity
- Mains connected toilets, free hot showers (with no charge for use and plugs for ladies hairdryers etc.) and hot water washing up facilities – You can blow up your air matresses and freeze your ice packs for free! Recharge your mobiles in the reception (at your risk) for only £1 a go.
East Fleet Farm – Dorset. Bathrooms with shower, toilet and hand basin, playground, indoor play barn, ice cream, waffles and pizza vans, made life a breeze for all the family.
- Touring Caravans
- Motor Homes
- Our generously spaced pitches are all well marked and allocated to allow units up to 6m wide and 8m deep. There are also some larger and smaller pitches available. There are electric hook-ups and basic camping pitches available on all areas of the campsite. Gravel hardstandings are an option at no additional charge.
- Three amenity blocks at East Fleet Farm. In the top field a newly built facility has 16 luxury (8 ladies and 8 gents) shower suites in a cedar clad, heated building. There is also a new disabled shower room (with Radar key access) and indoor dishwashing room. Also in the top field, our modern toilet and shower block accommodates high quality ladies and gents facilities. There are also 4 large family shower rooms, each containing shower, sink and WC in this building. Just outside are the continental style covered dishwashing areas and separate chemical toilet disposal facilities.
- In Stable Field there is a log cabin amenity block. This facility offers unisex shower suites, ladies and gents wc’s, full disabled shower/wc room, and indoor dishwashing room. It also features underfloor heating to keep your toes warm on those chilly mornings.
- Play area
Riverside Lakes – Dorset
The site has 55 pitches and this includes 5 for caravans or motorhomes and 7 with pre-erected Soul pads / Bell tents which are available for hire.
- Bell tents – Bell Tents where you will find comfortable mattresses, cushions, a small table with tea lights and a jug and glasses. The four and six man tents have cosy little woodburning stoves inside to keep the chill off at night.
- A shower and toilet block, washing up sinks, fresh drinking water and a chemical toilet disposal point.
- You are welcome to bring your dogs provided they are well behaved, kept on a lead at all times and you are prepared to clean up after them.
- Dogs, cats, Kune Kune pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits.
Longthorns, Wareham – Dorset
- Dog Friendly Camping
- Camper vans
- Tipi – oak Flintstone style king size bed and 2 day beds with a country rustic interior, solar lights and an fully equipped kitchen unit and storage inside.
- Shepherds huts – cosy double bed, eiderdown cover, scatter cushions. A wood burner, a kitchenette, quaint curtains, rugs, all the things needed to make this your own special world once inside.
- Eco-Pods – Budget Glamping, the pods offer an alternative to pitching your tent. Bring all your camping equipment, just no beds and no tent to pitch. Table for 2 outside, solar lighting, you can hire a fire-pit to complete your stay.
- Toilets & Showers/Accessibility Room
- Washing up Facilities:
- Electrical Hook-ups:
- 15 Electric Hookups:
- Fire pit hire
- Fridge & Freezer facility available
- Walking alpacas
Rosewall Camping, Weymouth – Dorset
- Grass pitches
- There are two modern toilet blocks both with showers, hairdryer points, shaver points and washing-up facilities. The lower block also has disabled facilities and a laundry room. There is a further separate laundry room next to the upper toilet block and shop.
- The camp shop operates seasonally and is well stocked with basic provisions as well as camping essentials including gas and freezer packs.
- Riding school
Crofts Farm Water Park, Tewkesbury
“We absolutely love Croft Farm Water Park in Tewkesbury and have been for the last few years, with another trip booked for this summer too. The camp site is set around an old quarry which has been filled with water to create a water sports lake. They have sailing, paddle boats, windsurfing etc plus a club house, bar, coffee shop and gym (not that I’ve ever used it!) The thing we love about the site the most is that they allow groups, many around Gloucestershire don’t. Our next trip is with a big group of school mums, dads and kids. I just know all the kids are going to have a blast.” To read more of Lisa from Travel Loving Family’s review and experience of family camping, see here.
- Glamping Pods– Each pod has its own heating and can sleep up to four adults. There is a toilet & shower block facility located nearby and all the pods are lockable. All you need to bring is a sleeping bag and pillow.
- Holiday Log cabins -purpose-built Scandinavian-style heated log cabins, which can sleep up to eight in each. These cabins contain a living room with sofa bed, en-suite facilities, and also benefit from a large veranda ideal for storing wet items and muddy footwear.
- Holiday Lodge 31- The lodge can accommodate up to four people with a double sofa bed in the lounge. Enjoy watching the sun go down on the decking area – which is also perfect for some alfresco dining. The lodge is a real home from home, and comes fully equipped for a self-catering family holiday.
- Luxury Holiday Lodge – with hot tub (one double bedroom)
- A mixture of grass and hard standing pitches for caravans, motorhomes and tents. There are designated pitches served with a 10amp power supply and a couple of less formal areas ideal for group bookings
- Electric hook-up points
- washrooms & dishwashing
- Access to clubhouse
- Bar & Cafe
- Adventure Playground
- Games Room
For nearby activities and things to do in Hampshire with kids see here.
Aldridge Hill New Forest – Hampshire
- Grass only pitches
- No toilet or shower blocks
- Drinking water
- A chemical toilet is required at this campsite.
- Pets welcome
Roundhill, New Forest – Hampshire
- Toilets and showers available
- 500 pitches
- Grass only pitches
- Rally field available
- Pets welcome
Mad Dogs and Vintage Vans – Ross on Wye
“We loved glamping at this small secluded site near Ross on Wye in the Wye Valley. It really encourages free range play for kids and has no wifi or reception so you can really detach from reality for a weekend while wandering down to the river, looking out across the fields or starting a small camp fire to roast marshmallows.” Laura covers more in her review here.
- Glamping caravans
- The Hayloft, a stunning barn renovation recently completed and located just next door to the glampsite. The Hayloft sleeps 6 and mixes the original wood timbers with contemporary design. Accommodation is by way of 2 double bedrooms and a twin with two bathrooms, an open plan kitchen/dining area, an upstairs sitting room and walled garden. There’s also a woodburning stove, an outdoor covered area with bar and wi-fi. As well as offering extra accommodation, The Hayloft could be a useful ‘backstop’ if your party includes guests who prefer bricks and mortar to glamping out under the stars. This way you can spread yourselves between the glampsite and Hayloft and still come together around the campfire.
- Tennis court
- uUcycled showershack is full of character and boasts hot water on demand, a flushing loo and complimentary organic toiletries for a touch of luxury. In the absence of electricity, lighting is by way of low level solar, fairy lights, lanterns and candles.
- ‘Van Service’. Enjoy a night off campfire duties and order our home-cooked food hand delivered to you – Thai green curry, chilli con carne, dhal, fruit crumbles. Child friendly dishes available too – just ask!
- Each caravan also comes with its own firebowl/grill for bbq cooking.
- All vans are equipped with a coolbox and a communal fridge freezer is located close to the car park where guests can store perishables. Here you will also find firewood, charcoal and firestarter kits for sale.
Meredith Farm – Herefordshire
“Lots of animals for the kids to look at/help out with. Neil that runs it is lovely, extremely accommodating, and it’s so quiet and peaceful.”
- Washroom, Shower and Toilet building
- Electric hook ups are available.
These will power lights, batteries, fridges, etc, etc. They will not support space heating, water heating and high wattage domestic appliances such as electric kettles.
- Petting zoo
- Dogs, cats, horses welcome
- Play area
Fisherground Campsite, Eskdale, Cumbria – Lake District. Absolutely perfect; pond with rafts for kids, woodland playground, fires allowed, immaculate facilities, wardens who enforce the no noise after 10:30pm rule, walkable pub, its own miniature steam railway station, stunning panoramic mountain scenery, 15 min drive to England’s deepest lake & highest mountain.
- Village shop
- Toilet block. It is modern, clean, airy and spacious. Includes hand dryers and hair dryers and coin operated showers.
- There are also 6 deep sinks for washing-up. Hot water is free, and always available.
- The Laundry has a washing machine, which is operated by token (available from the Warden), powder is included. There are 3 tumble driers available, which are operated by 50p’s.
- Adventure playground with rafts on a lake
Castlerigg Hall, Keswick.
- Camping tents – no electric hook-up points are available for camping.
- Static caravans – caravans come with central heating, double glazing, fridge freezer, microwave, large flat screen TV with free-sat and dvd player, balcony and picnic bench. Cooking utensils, duvets and bed linen is provided but please bring your own towels and tea-towels.
- Camping Pods – CastlePods sleep a maximum of two adults and two children. They feature a double bed and a bunk-bed with mattresses but linen, blankets/duvets must be provided by the guest. There is a heater, two twin electric sockets with USB charging ports, lights, picnic bench and decking area. Sorry dogs are not permitted.
- Standard and Family Pods.These small timber huts feature a wraparound roof, well insulated with sheep’s wool in the walls, and with a special foil layer under the tiles to help keep summer temperatures in check. There’s good head height and plenty of light from the double-glazed lockable french doors which, together with a small high rear window, provide a good through draft. Also provided is an electric socket, heater and lighting. These units do not have beds and you would bring all the necessities of camping minus the tent. Car parking is available for each pod and we have pet friendly options in this range. Toilet, shower and pot wash facilities are a short walk from the CastlePods/Family and Standard Pods.
- ‘InspirePod’. If you’re looking for a bit more comfort to our standard/family pods this is maybe the choice for you. Tastefully furnished with double patio doors opening onto a large wooden deck area with outside seating to enjoy the great outdoors.
Featuring a made up bed, sofa , large flatscreen tv, kettle, toaster and shower and wc this pod offers our ultimate pod experience. Bedding is provided and car parking next to the unit. Sorry dogs are not permitted.
- Grass for tents
- Three types of touring pitch:
– Hook-up only. These are on hardstanding with electric.
– Standard. These are fully serviced with a water tap, a drain for grey waste and hook-up.
– Superior. As standard but with guaranteed lake view, 16 amp hook-up and a picnic bench.
- “Campers Kitchen” provides guests an indoor heated amenity in which to prepare meals. Equipped with Seating, washing up basins, twin hobs, microwave, (both 50p tokens) and free use of toasters and kettle. Ice pack freezing and Wifi are available at no charge.
Park Foot at Pooley Bridge, Ullswater
Three camping fields, all with electric hook up points, suitable for tents, caravans and motor homes and each have their own modern toilet and shower block.
- Self-catering cottages
- Holiday houses and lodges sleeping 2- 10 people.
- Electric tent pitches are all on fine camping gravel.
- Licensed bar and restaurant
- Breakfast and takeaway meals
- Beer garden
- Large Screen TV’s
- 2 Pool tables
- Table tennis
- Games room
- Discos and entertainment
- Boat hire
- showers and toilets are available
- Mini Market
Low Wray National Trust Campsite– Wray Castle, Ambleside
“There aren’t many places you can sleep under the stars while gazing onto one of England’s deepest and most beautiful lakes. Thankfully Low Wray National Trust campsite in the Lake District delivers on all this, and invites you to choose from a range of settings including woodland, shore and field. There’s also a choice of accommodation – you can bring your own tent, stay in pod or do glamping. But you will need to book in advance; on a summer’s night every space can be full of families cooking sausages and playing games. If you are feeling energetic you can always kayak there like we did on our Lake District micro-adventure” For more of Kirstie’s review see here
- Pod – Family pods are suitable for up to two adults and three children. Our 4 Lake view pods now have electricity (2 family and 2 standard size). You’ll need to bring everything you would bring if you were camping in your tent, such as a sleeping bag, sleep mat (if you’d rather put that on top of the mattress), pots and pans, stove and camping chairs.
- Tree Tents -These canvas tents look like giant tree decorations but are well concealed. You’ll climb a wooden staircase to the entrance and find your little nesting box complete with cosy woodburner and benches which turn into comfy beds.You’ll be safely suspended in the trees and when you’re lying in bed, you’ll be able to gaze up at the little window and enjoy the stars though the canopy of leaves whilst being rocked gently to sleep by the breeze. The tents come with their own rustic camp kitchen set up on the ground below with everything you will need to create delicious camp meals. Up to 3 adults (or 2 adults plus 1 child). Please note that due to the nature of the tents, we cannot accept children under 5 in the tree tents.
- Safari tents – They are fully furnished and have a wood burner and a gas cooking stove, so you can leave your camping gear at home and look forward to an outdoor stay with a little added comfort. Please note however, that you do need to bring your own bedding and towels.Both tents are suitable for up to 6 people with a double bed and 2 singles and 1 double futon/sofa bed..
- 20 hardstanding pitches for campervans
- Elsan facility
- Not all pitches have enough space for an awning
- Small – Maximum 3m x 3m, up to 3 people
- Medium – Maximum 6m x 5m, up to 5 people (max 4 adults)
- Large – Maximum 8m x 8m, up to 8 people (max 4 adults)
- Dogs welcome
- three toilet and shower blocks
- laundry facilities
- washing-up areas
- a children’s adventure playground.
- Canoes, rowing boats, sit-on kayaks and paddleboards are also available to hire as well as mountain bikes.
- In high season, wood-fired pizzas are available on certain nights.
Holgates – Silverdale, Lancashire
- Touring caravan
- Pod – eight stunning camping pods and each one can comfortably fit two adults and two children. Bedding not supplied – Camping Pods are like tents but without the hassle of putting them up – you will require everything you would normally bring on a camping holiday.
- Holiday home
- Caravan – one double bedroom and two twin bedrooms and will accommodate up to 6 people.
- Full size oven, grill & hob
- Fridge freezer
- Microwave oven
- Crockery, cutlery, pans and cooking utensils
- Gas fire in lounge
- Separate shower room and toilet
- Central heating
- Duvets, pillows and bed linen
- Travel Cot/Bed Rail available – please ask (NB. Cot is instead of a twin bed and bedding is not provided)
- Highchairs available – please ask
- Patio with picnic bench
- Outside lighting
- Gas, electric and VAT included
- Hardstanding with well drained gravel. Connection to electricity (16amps). Individual water tap, Grey waste. TV connection to BBC1 & 2, ITV, Ch 4, and Freeview (please note that a coaxial lead is required to access the TV connection. These can be purchased from the shop if needed).
- Grass pitches for small tents.
- Heated swimming pool
- Pitch n putt
- Games room
- soft play area
- Two outdoor adventure playgrounds.
- A small shop
- Restaurant and bar
Willow Holt Camping & Caravan Park, Tattershall.
“We always used to camp at Willow Holt camping and caravan park in Tattershall, Lincolnshire. It has a decent toilet block, a small play area for the children and a fishing lake. It’s so peaceful there and a great spot to explore from.” Read more of Emma’s thoughts on her stay here.
- Motor homes
- Static caravan – The caravan has the following Double glazing, Central heating, refrigerator, full cooker, microwave, oven, kettle toaster DVD player, colour television, iron & ironing board and vacuum cleaner. Cooking utensils, crockery, pillows, and duvets are provided but not linen e.g. You will have to supply sheets and/or quilt covers and pillow cases, bath towels and t-towels etc. Travel cot, highchair available on request. Ample drawer/wardrobe space. This caravan sleeps six people, one main double bed two single beds and a pull out sofa bed in the lounge. Parking for two cars. Gas and electric free of charge.
- Glamping pod – Sleeps up to 5 people – Microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle,TV (Free View), Electric Points. Need to bring some kitchen equipment, bedding, towels etc
- Fully grass pitches in selected bays with electrical hook up for tents.
- Modern facilities block which incorporates power showers, washbasins and WC’s and a dishwashing room, all with constant free hot water.
- Laundry room which is equipped with an iron and ironing board.
- Water points along with waste disposal areas including chemical waste, with a special disposal area for motor caravans.
- Fishing is free for park residents, although a current rod license will be required.
- On site we are able to provide Calor and Camping Gaz, Charcoal, etc all of which may be purchased from the site office.
- Play area
- Camping and caravanning accessory shop.
Bureside Holiday Park, Oby, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
College Farm, Featherdown – Norfolk
“The location is idyllic, and the hosts (Marcus and Lucy), are lovely. They KNOW how important it is for families to feel that their kids are safe roaming, and have lots to entertain them. The facilities are wonderful, and the effort they make to enable independence in the kids, without the worry, is perfect. Families with younger children know that they can roam free in the fields, and there is no fear that they are going to get into trouble.” Read Helen’s from Kiddy Charts full review on College Farm here.
- Glamping only
- Canvas lodge (some with ensuite)
- Farm walk
- Bottle feeding animals
- play area with trampoline
- honesty shop
- pizza evening
- play barn
- 4 Pods and 4 Mega Pods.
- 1 Shepherd’s hut
- 6 Bell tents
- Open 365 days a year
- Some hard-standing pitches are available.
- 100 deluxe pitches with electric hook-up and TV points.
- 14 standard pitches.
- 2 amenity blocks with showers, WCs, basins, disabled/family rooms, laundry and washing up facilities.
- Small on-site shop.
- Well-stocked fishing lake (extra charge).
- Childrens play area.
- Shaded picnic area.
- Animal paddock with goats, and a sheep.
- Dog walk.
- Woodland walks.
- Free Wifi available across the park.
Kelling Heath, Norfolk
- Touring caravans
- Woodland Lodges
- Luxury Holiday Homes,
- Serviced Pitch
- Hard standing serviced pitch
- Serviced premium pitch
- Fully serviced premium pitch
- Fully serviced hard standing premium pitch
- Three fully equipped amenity buildings with hot showers, washing facilities, individual cubicles, toilets and razor points. Disabled and baby changing facilities and dishwashing and laundry sinks are also available.During early spring and late autumn, two of the amenity buildings are heated for the extra comfort of guests. A launderette providing washers and dryers is located to the side of the Village Square.
- Pool, sauna and steam room and gym – Complimentary membership is available to those occupying the lodges.
- Fun pool – A magnificent place to spend some time and available free of charge to all guests. The enclosed patio is surrounded by an attractive Norfolk stone and flint wall with a backdrop of mature pines sunny and sheltered, where everyone can relax including toddlers who love the integral paddling pool.
The outdoor pool is open from late May to the end of August.
- Adventure playground
- Table tennis
- Village store
Manor Farm in East Runton – Norfolk
- motor homes
- The site is served by 6 amenity blocks, all with free hot water to the hand basins and good spacious showers! Each field has one block with a large family shower room. Hair dryer and razor points are provided in all blocks.
- 2 laundry rooms, both with coin operated Miele washing machines and tumble dryers. Freezers are provided for your ice packs on Marl Pit and Moll’s Meadow. There are chemical disposal points and waste facilities on each field. Gas cylinders, tourist information leaflets and advice are available from Reception at the Farmhouse.
- Play area
- Sheep and cows
Park Farm, Swanton – Norfolk
- Motor homes
- Luxury tents
- Play area and zipwire
- 25 Electric hook-ups pitches.
- 50 Plus Non Electric Standard Pitches
- Heated shower and toilet block +(Free Hair dryer in Ladies shower facilities)
- Full Disabled Toilet and Shower facilities
- Family Shower room with full baby change facilities and Baby Bath
- Laundry facilities
- Chemical Disposal point
Pinewoods in Wells next the sea – Norfolk
- Touring caravans
- Motor homes
- Holiday wooden lodges
- Static Caravans – Choose from two bedrooms to sleep up to 6 or three bedrooms to sleep a maximum of 8 persons.All caravan holiday home holidays include free gas, electricity, hot water and bed linen, colour TV and DVD. Kitchens are well-equipped and include crockery, pots and pans, a full size cooker, a fridge and a microwave. Bathrooms include a flush toilet, basin and shower.
- Each pitch is landscaped and comprises a 3 metre by 9 metre fibre-reinforced grass standing area with polyethylene porous grid paving and has electricity, water and grey water waste points as standard. Located on the Touring Park are 2 state of the art amenity blocks, complete with washing up facilities and launderettes.
- Miniature railway
- Cycling hire
- Cafe and shop
“We loved Sandringham in North Norfolk. It’s hidden among the forest and within easy reach of the coast. There are a few tents you can hire to glamp but we preferred to pitch our tent and claim our little spot. Even going on Bank Holiday weekend the campsite didn’t seem overcrowded and it was great with the kids. Plus there was so much to see around the coast within a few minutes.” To read more of Cery’s from Rainy Day Mum review – see here.
- Motor homes
Bookings for the sites cannot be made through the Sandringham site: For bookings, please telephone 01553 631614 (Caravan & Motorhome Club site) or 01485 542555 (Camping & Caravanning Club), or use the links below.
- Glamping Ready Camp Tents – Full beds, sofa and dining facilities. There is plenty of storage in the living area and bedroom – and a fully stocked crockery cupboard Just bring your bedding and essentials. (Please note that pets are NOT permitted in the Ready Camp tents)
- Storage facilities
- A well-sheltered site
- Dedicated accessible facilities
- Family shower room
- Washing Machines
- Ice pack freezing
- Childrens play area
- Pets welcome
- Members’ and non-members’ motorhomes welcome
- Members’ and non-members’ tents welcome
- battery charging
Swiss farm, Henley – Oxfordshire
“We really enjoyed Swiss Farm in Henley on Thames. It has a great open air pool, loads of space for the kids to play and really nice facilities, but the best part was watching the red kites circling overhead.” – Kelly from It’s a Tink Thing.
- Touring caravans
- Motor homes
- Glamping cabins
- Holiday homes
Standard tent pitch – 12m x12m pitch.
15m x15m pitch with 10amp electric hook up.
15m x 15m pitch with 10-amp electric hook up, a tethered picnic bench and conveniently located water point.
- Grass Touring Pitches
- Suitable for small caravans and camper-vans (up to 6.5m). These include 10amp electric hook up and free WiFi.All Weather Pitches (6m, 7m)
These hard standing pitches vary in size from 6.5m,7.6m and 8m and include 16amp electric hook up, private water point, TV connection and free WiFi.Fully Services Pitches (6m, 7m & 8m)
These pitches include everything on an ‘All-weather pitch’ but with additional private grey waste facilities.
- Waste and recycling areas
- Chemical toilet emptying points (including a new automated chemical toilet emptying and cleaning machine)
- Motorhome service point
- Dog washing point
- Laundry Room
- Dish washing.
Warren Farm, Brean – Somerset
- Static Caravan hire – four or six berth occupancy which cannot be exceeded.
- Three En-Suite Super Pitches in Field 5, which are suitable for caravans, motorhomes or tents.These pitches each have their own ‘pod’ consisting of a private toilet, shower and storage shed. En-Suite Pitches have a tarmac area (for the caravan, motorhome and/or car) and rubber matting area (for the tent or awning).They are fully-serviced Super Pitches with a fresh water tap, waste water drain connection, car parking space, storm drain and of course electric hook-up. Each pitch also has its own mini-fridge and picnic bench.
- Grass, Hardstanding and En-Suite Super Pitch. All pitches are spacious and level with plenty of room to park the car alongside your unit.
- Restaurant & clubhouse
- Live entertainment
- Bingo every Friday & Saturday
- Sunday carvery
- Free Wifi
Things To Do
- Pets Corner
- Games Field
- Farm Walk
- Fishing Lake
- Outdoor play areas
- Launderette & dishwashing facilities
- ATMs (The Beachcomber & Play Barn)
- Caravan sales
- Wireless internet
- Soft play area
- Arcade & Bowlingo
Shops & Cafes
- Nesses Cafe
- Convenience stores
- Brean Caravan Shop
- Fishing tackle shop
- Ice cream parlour
- Chinese takeaway
- Fish ‘n’ chips
- Wednesday Market
- Tractor & trailer rides
- Archery, climbing wall & zip wire
- Kids Club
Hare & Hounds Campsite, Camber Sands – East Sussex
“The Hare and Hounds campsite was small and friendly, with great facilities and a little shop selling hot drinks and breakfast if you didn’t want to cook. Camp fires were allowed which we love, and it was SO close to camber sands and rye for plenty of exploring.” read more about Lauren’s experience here
- VW sized campervans / motorhomes only
- Bell tents – have 1 double futon and 2 single futons, with bedding provided. We also provide the following:
- Battery lantern and fairy lights outside
- Gas cooker and stand
- Cooking equipment (pots and pans, plates, glasses, and cutlery)
- Picnic bench and camping seats
- 2 x bean bags
- BBQ (Charcoal not provided)
- 3 Futon Beds (2 singles and 1 double)
- Duvets, Pillows and Duvet Covers (you might want to bring extra blankets!)
- Fire Basket and 1 bag of logs (extra logs & kindling available to buy)
All you will need to bring is towels, food and your clothes!
- Shepherds hut – suitable for 2 people and 1 well behaved dog.
- 30 tent pitches including space for several VW sized camper vans, 2.5 acres
- Electric Hook Up (8 pitches available)
- Dog friendly (well behaved dogs only on a lead)
- Free showers
- Fire braziers for hire (includes a bag of wood, kindling, matches & firelighters)
- Ample room to spread out
- Pub less than 5 minutes walk
- Bus stop directly outside for services to Rye & Hasting, & Northiam (344)
Sumners Ponds – West Sussex
- `Hardstanding gravel and grass pitches so all unit types can be accommodated. Many pitches have electric hook-up. Some have water hook up.
- Play area
Wowo, Uckfield – East Sussex
- campervans allowed onsite are only the VW camper. There is no electrical hook up
- Shepherds Huts
- Lotus Bell Tents
- Low flush pump action toilets in the fields, by the barn area we have flushable toilets, hot water facilities including showers and washing up.
- Communal campers fridges, table tennis, swings
Catgill Campsite, Bolton Abbey
“Catgill Campsite near Bolton Abbey is great. It’s within walking distance of both Bolton Abbey and Hesketh Farm which are both brilliant for kids. It has a lovely relaxed vibe and if you get a spot near the river the kids can spend hours playing in the stream. The facilitates are nice and clean as well. You can also rent a fire pit and spend evenings around the campfire.” Read more of Erin’s review and why she thinks camping with families is a great experience at Catgill here
- VW camper vans only
- Bell tents
- Timber glamping pods
- Electrical Hoop Up
- Brand new shower block with hot showers, washbasins and toilets including a dedicated disabled/family room in both male and female washrooms.
- A separate facility provides sinks for pot washing and 2 large communal fridge freezers.
- There is a small shop selling a few basic essentials and our ever-popular fire pits are available to hire on request.
- Pizza ovens
- Hot tubs
Cote Ghyll Caravan and Camping – North Yorkshire
- Holiday caravan
- Holiday cottages
- Electric hook up to all pitches
- Grass – You can pitch your tent, caravan or motorhome on the traditional grass pitches or try the new artificial grass pitches.
- All weather – all-weather pitches are hardstanding which is wide enough for your caravan and awning with grass to the side. A gravel road leads directly to your pitch.
- Luxury – extra-large hardstanding pitches with ‘all-service’ connections for water, drainage, 16 amp electric and TV aerials.
- Luxury shower blocks with underfloor heating
- Play areas
- Zipline & Abseiling
- Climbing Wall
- Abseiling & Aerial River Crossing
- Bushcraft – Tracking, Shelter, Fire & Cooking
- Shower blocks include privacy wash cubicles, free power showers with underfloor heating, hair and hand driers, and shaver points. A designated toilet/shower room for disabled guests and a family bathroom for parents with young families. Baby change facilities are also provided.
Humble Bee Farm – Yorkshire Wolds
“We loved Humble Bee Farm in the Yorkshire Wolds. The big chief wigwams are great for families and have everything you’d expect for a glamping experience – twinkly fairy lights, fire pit etc. There is a fab little playground and animals on the farm which you can pop up and see anytime. Also the site is just a few miles away from the coast.” Read more of Jo’s review and why she rates Humble Bee Farm as one of the best UK family campsites here
- bell tents
- luxury cottages
- Two hardstanding electric hook up pitches (for motorhomes/tourers)
- One parking space per pitch
- Up to four guests per pitch
- Two toilet and shower blocks with hair dryer
- Laundry facilities
- Water Point
- Play Area & Sports Field
- Farm animals
- Nature walks
Meadow Falls, Ingleton – North Yorkshire
“Lovely quiet family campsite, beautiful views, friendly owners, great play area, very clean facilities, use of barn when wet, communal fridge and freezer. Can walk to pubs, shops, outdoor pool, ingelton waterfalls, and a fabulous playground, fairy garden/walk. Dog run and shower, And most important you can have camp fires. They also have a little shop onsite for logs, gas, marshmallows etc.”
- Caravans trailer tents
- Glamping pods – sleeps 4-6 Glamping pods have a heater, plug sockets, picnic bench and fire pit.
- Hardstanding Pitches with Electric hookup, Water and Drainage.
inc 2 adults and 1 car
- Motorhomes, Caravans, trailer tents and Campervans are welcome on our Large Hardstanding Pitches.
- Tents, Trailer Tents and small Campervans (under 4 meters) are welcome on our Large Grass Pitches with or without Electric Hook Up.
- 5 Hardstanding Caravan pitches with Electric hook up, water and drainage
- 13 Grass tent pitches with Electric hook up
- 12 Grass tent pitches
- 10 Glamping pods
- Disabled Toilet
- Family Showers
- Chemical Disposal point
- Play area
- Fairy Dell
- Dog walk
- Dog shower
- Fire pit hire
- Tuck shop
The Hideaway at Baxby Manor – York
- Glamping – Treehouses, EcoPods (There is no electricity in the Ecopods) and Hobbit Houses (With a PROPER double bed plus two single beds (one a bunk over the double) plus “Up-cycled” outdoor furniture (chairs/benches and tables) made from wooden pallets and decking (as a result of our local pub’s refurbishment!) fairy lights, plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs, glasses, BBQ tools, portable single gas stove, kettle, not to mention your own log burning stove inside AND a campfire outside by the door- there’s quite a lot included!)
- Electrical and non electric pitches available
- Sheltered, level and spacious grass pitches
- Designated Parking Areas
- Modern luxurious heated toilet and shower block with privacy cubicles, free showers (no coins or tokens required here!), and disabled toilet and shower
- Drying room for wet boots and outdoor clothes
- Baby changing
- Chemical toilet disposal
- Indoor heated pot-wash room including communal fridge and freezer, (do bare in mind that these do become rather full during busy periods and during any warm weather.
- Fire pits on all pitches – fire wood at £6 a bag,
- Book swap
- Large multi-use games and recreation area with exercise park, children’s play equipment and tennis court 5 minute walk from campsite
- Mobile Bakery! Freshly baked bread and bread buns available from 1145am until 1230pm at the village green every Saturday!
- Delicious home baked food and fantastic whole ground coffee all served from Liza Jane- a beautiful vintage caravan.
- Small shop with essentials
Woodhouse Farm Campsite, Yorkshire
“The perfect site for camping with a toddler. Very clean, plenty to do and lots of places to explore.” Read more about Catherine’s visit and why she thinks Woodhouse is on of the best campsites in England for families here.
- touring campers – Each pitch is spacious with an electric hook up and enough room for a full size awning and parking for one car.
- tents –
- Camping pods
- Hard stands & grass pitches with & without electric hook ups.
- 2 fishing lakes & woodland walks.
- Cycle track around the park – ideal for children.
- 2 children’s play forts & a play barn.
- Licensed restaurant.
- Shop selling groceries & camping gas.
- Fully serviced toilets & showers.
- Well equipped laundrette.
- Disabled Facilities
Clachtoll Beach Campsite, Sutherland, Scotland remote & rural with an amazing beach.
- bell tents
- 20 serviced pitches which provide water and Electric hook-ups
- Toilet and shower facilities, dishwashing sinks, laundry and a public telephone are available. Dogs are welcome provided they are kept on a lead at all times on the campsite.
- There is no longer a chemical disposal point. You can still dispose of your waste providing you use Environmentally friendly chemical’s only!
- weak wifi
- toilet and shower facilities, dishwashing sinks, laundry, Eco friendly toilet disposal point, electric hook-ups, hot drinks / soup vending machine, free Wi-Fi, hairdryers, hair straightners, media charging lockers & a freezer for ice packs.
Fidden Farm, Isle of Mull – Scotland close to the beach.
- motor home
“Our favourite ever glamping site is Dundas Castle near Edinburgh. The tents are very luxurious and well spaced out so you can’t see anyone else. The views and walks in the surrounding areas are gorgeous. Definitely a place to visit if you’re looking to be surrounded by nature and peace and quiet” To read more of Sam’s full review see here.
- glamping only
- luxury Canvas Cottages – 10 units available, including a dog friendly unit and disabled access unit with private en-suite bathroom
Pitch type – NA
- ensuite bathroom
- gas BBQ
Glen Nevis, Fort William – Scotland
- Holiday park
- Camping Pods
- Standard Pitch
Caravan pitch, comes with electric hookup (16 Amp). Awning included in pitch price. We have 16 standard / electric pitches available to book and a further 100 on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Fully Serviced Pitch
Caravan pitch with electric hookup (16 Amp), water supply and drainage. Awning included in pitch price. All 66 of the fully serviced caravan pitches are available to book.
- Restaurant & bar offering breakfast (May-Sept), lunch and dinner.
- Snack van serving hot rolls in the morning and burgers & fish and chips in the evening (late May to September)
- Dog walking and exercise areas.
- 24 hour park supervision from May – October. no noise policy after 11pm.
- Awnings included in your pitch price.
- Children’s play area with an area for ball games.
Information on ‘Things to see and do’ in the Lochaber area.
- Public Telephone.
- Central recycling facility for plastic, paper/card, metal and glass.
- Shop selling a range of groceries, equipment, gifts and souvenirs.
- Drive-through service point for motorcaravans & campervans.
- Washrooms with toilets, free hot showers, wash hand basins, razor points, hand dryers and hair dryers.
- Dish wash and food preparation sinks.
- Picnic tables are dotted around the park.
Wifi is purchased on site: £2.00 per hour / £5.00 per day / £20 per week.
- Disabled customers have private facilities with full wheelchair access including shower.
- Fishing permits for sale in shop/reception.
- Chemical toilet disposal points.
- Ice pack freezing facilities.
“Loch Ness Shores is one of our favourites. It’s right on the banks of Loch Ness and you can hire boats/make campfires on the shore. There’s a play park for kids, a bar/cafe and a little retro food truck serving up delicious food. Loos are immaculate too.” For more of Sam’s review, and why she feels this is one of the best campsites for kids in Scotland read here.
- wigwam cabin – They accommodate 4 – 5 people and come equipped with a Microwave, Kettle, along with a TV socket.
- Under floor heating in Am Fasgadh; the Reception/Shop and amenity block, from home shower rooms.
- canoe, kayak or launch small boats, fish for trout and salmon
- Farm Shop
- Hard Standing
- Electrical Hook Ups
- Grass Pitches
- Motorhome Stop Off
- Heated Amenity Block
- Parent & Baby Room
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Children’s Play Area
- Backpacker Facilities
- Drying Room
- Pets Welcome
- Designated Dog Walk
Solway View, Kirkcudbright – Dumfries – Scotland, beside the sea
- Wigmam – Large Standard Wigwam with sea view. Wigwam can sleep up to 5 people comfortably on raised bed platforms with mattresses provided. Inside: Kitchen sink, Heater, Microwave/grill, kettle, fridge, toaster and plug power points provided. Extra En-Suite style room with WC and basin. Outside: Picnic bench, parking for one vehicle and a campfire area. Sustainable Wood for your campfire to be purchased from site. Wigwams have a Meter for electricity – cards £1 from reception. Wigwams occupiers also have access to Site Cook-House where there are additional cooking facilities. Please bring your own bedding/towels. Pets welcome – If bringing a pet, please bring their bed/basket.
- Grass and/or a hard-standing pitch. Some pitches have an added bonus of a sea view. Every pitch is spacious, has a picnic bench and fire-pit. Some pitches with electric hook-up (EHU) and you park at your pitch.
- Caravan/Motorhome – spacious grass and hard standing pitch with 16 Amp EHU point. Picnic table and fire-pit on every pitch. Caravan pitches have access to heated WC/Shower block, children’s play area and farm/nature trail. Nearby, short woodland walk to little bay. All hard standing caravan pitches have a sea view and no charge is made for an awning.
- Non EHU tent – Spacious grass pitch. In the camping field or summer field, picnic table and camp fire-pit at every pitch. Camping field has access to heated WC/Shower block, children’s play area, washing-up area and farm/nature trail. Nearby, short woodland walk to little bay. Summer field camping area enjoys sea views.
- Spacious grass pitch and 16 Amp EHU point. Picnic table and Camp fire-pit at every pitch. Camping field has access to heated WC/Shower block, children’s play area, washing-up area and farm/nature trail. Nearby, short woodland walk to little bay.
- 2 Modern, heated WC/Shower blocks
- 1 Disabled WC & Shower
- Farm and Woodland Walks
- Cooking Areas with dish wash facilities
- Caravan & Camping Site
- Wooden Wigwam Camping Pods
- Highchair & Baby Bath available
- Children’s Play Area
- Space for play/ball games
- Pet Play Area (lead free zone)
- Recycling (cans/bottles) & Compost Bins
- Laundry Facility
- Shieling Dryer (drying tent – free & eco-friendly)
- Camp fires allowed – Firewood for sale
Bargoed Farm, Cardigan Bay – West Wales
- Gypsy glamping cabin
- 50 fully serviced hardstanding pitches. (no grass) Each pitch has 16 amp electric, its own water tap, grey water discharge and lawn area. Thirteen of these pitches have their very own private hot tubs.
- You will need rock pegs (or heavy duty pegs) to go through the hardstanding if you have a tent or awning
- close to the sea
Fforest Fields Caravan and Camping Park,Powys, Radnorshire – Wales
“We go every year, such a peaceful site but very child-friendly, too. The owners are also the loveliest people!”
- Yurts – Each yurt comes equipped with:
- A comfortable double bed and two pull out futons
- A wood burning fire, with a stock of wood and kindling
- Floor cushions
- Bedside tables
- Tealight lanterns & Solar lights
- A solar ‘hub’ to charge your phone and camera
- Your own kitchen hut, with a gas cooker, cool box and all your cutlery and crockery
- Mixed All Weather, Hardstanding & Grass pitches; all mostly level. A choice between a large open field with views or a more landscaped pitch near streams and hedges. Plenty of Hook Ups available
- purpose-built shower block with free hot showers
- Family washrooms
- Licenced cafe with delicious local ales and ciders (and proper coffee!)
- Kayaks free to borrow
- A little shop with basic essentials and yummy local sausages
- Free site-wide WiFi
- Laundrette, washing up room, fridges and a drying room
- Recycling facilities
- Firepits to hire
- Plenty of electrical hookups
Lleithyr Farm, St David’s, Pembrokeshire – Wales
- 40 electric hook-up pitches and approximately 40 standard pitches without electric hook-up.
- Site is flat
- Large self enclosed timber adventure play area with balance beams, climbing wall, bridges, a tunnel, two den areas and a slide.
- Pet rabbit enclosure
- Farm walk featuring rare miniature animal breeds, including cows, goats, pigs, donkeys, sheep, ponies ducks and hens.
- Two clean and modern toilet & shower blocks
- Flat pitches
- WiFi (small charge)
- 10amp electric hook-up points
- Dish washing facilities
- Drinking water standpipes throughout the park
- Chemical disposal & waste water points
- Recycling points
- bakery and shop
- pizza nights
- Hot water is free and is available 24 hours a day in our toilet and shower blocks, our laundrette and our dish washing facilities. showers cost 20p for about four minutes.
Riverside Camping – Caernarfon
“It’s surrounded by a river, which you can paddle in or take little boats or lilos on. The play area is nice and the owners are very strict on noise after 10. There is a restaurant and shop onsite and a covered area if it rains. Good location for Snowdon and surrounding areas.”
- caban – Beds: Kingsize bed, 2 single beds, cupboard bed (sleeping 2 children or 1 adult), ready made for your arrival.
– Wood burning Stove
– All kitchen essentials
– Traditional slate lined cooling cupboard
– Victorian slipper bath, toilet & sink.
– Hot water
– Washing up liquid, cloths & teatowels.
– Covered veranda with Victorian clothes airer
– Private patio area
– Japanese wood fired Hot tub.
– Cast iron Chimnea barbeque
– Family picnic table
– Firelogs & kindling
- Riverside – Picturesque pitches available with or without electric hookup. Open your tent or caravan door to the beautiful sight and sound of the river Seiont.
- Playground View – Popular with families. Watch your children enjoy themselves on our playground in the middle of the campsite, while you relax with a coffee or glass of wine! Available with or without electric hookup.
- Deluxe – Perfect for motorhomes, and caravans, these hardstanding pitches are in a secluded area of the site with their own electric, water & TV points. Each pitch is attractively landscaped with a lawn area for relaxing on sunny days.
- Back to Basics – Camping like it used to be, a simple grass pitch on the main field.
- Reception area with:
- – tourist leaflets and local maps
– sweets, soft drinks & ice cream
– food and camping essentials
– pocket money toys
– fishing permits
– pool table
– Phone Charging Lockers
– Games Room
– Toddler’s play area
– Table tennis
– Children’s colouring table
– Covered picnic area with Italian style communal barbeque (great for groups)
The Mill Bistro (The Mill is run separately to Riverside Camping
– Firepits (for barbequeing or Firelogs)
– Giant darts
– Games equipment
– Hook up cables
Toilet facilities with free hot showers, including family room, baby change and disabled facilities.
Please let me know if you have any recommended best family campsites (UK) to add to this page! Don’t forget to tell why you enjoyed your stay so much!
Pin For Later
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Flying With A Baby
1 – Join our Family Travel Forum Facebook Group here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit around the globe and more with input from members who live or visit these places regularly
3 – Share this post with your friends
4 – Follow Flying With A Baby on the following platforms :
Thank you for your support as always.