Campingaz Party Grill 400 CV – A Camping Stove with Grill
With our new foray into camping with kids, we were looking for a compact and portable camping stove with grill, to widen the possibilities of what to cook – plus my husband really likes his stir-frys! Even with some family glamping sites, you may need to bring your own grill if you are staying in one of the basic timber pods. Coleman invited us to review the Campingaz Party Grill 400 CV, which seemed perfect for our needs as a family of four plus dog! We couldn’t wait to use it with our Coleman Valdes 6 person inflatable tent,
What does the Campingaz Party Grill 400 CV come with?
- A heat distributer
- Pan support
- A dual sided non stick cooking plate ( one smooth, the other ridged)
- A grid
- Lid which doubles as a wok
- 3 legs
- A storage/carry bag
To use this particular model you will need the CV 300 Plus or CV470 Plus cartridge.
What’s the difference between the 400 and the 400cv versions?
The 400 attaches to larger gas cylinders, whereas the 400CV uses smaller gas canisters
Setting and up using the 400 CV
It is incredibly easy to set up. The video shows exactly how easy, and you can be ready to cook in just a few minutes – perfect when you are camping with hungry kids!
What we liked about the Party Grill
- Compact and easy to carry
- Versatile with different cooking plates, wok, grill or stove options
- Easy to set up and attach the canister.
- Food doesn’t fall off the edges
- Easy to clean any fat drips due to the water lining
- Early days yet- but so far, it’s easy to clean the plates.
I did find igniting the grill a bit tricky the first time, but I soon developed the knack for it. The only other slight issue is that moisture can collect and run down the inside of the lid, so have a tea-towel on your work surface to stop this.
Most importantly the food cooked evenly and tasted great – I think it always tastes better outdoors too!
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Flying With A Baby
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our Family Travel Forum: TRAVEL WITH KIDS WORLDWIDE Facebook Group here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit around the globe and more with input from members who live or visit these places regularly.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Flying With A Baby on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.