SkyParkSecure Airport Parking Review & Competition
When heading off overseas, choosing how to get there is a huge part of the process. If you are flying with kids, then weighing up modes of transport to and from the airport are important factors to consider – more so than if you are experiencing a kid-free trip. (The bliss of actually watching an uninterrupted in-flight movie is not to be underestimated!)
Timings of flights may mean you opt to book an airport hotel, travel by train or taxi or use your own car. For our recent family holiday to Krabi, Thailand we tried the services of SkyParkSecure at London Heathrow. I’d not heard of them before but they operate out of many UK airports. They kindly offered us free parking and lounge access in order for this review and competition.
With a 21.20 departure and a fair distance to cover through the ‘witching hours’ – driving and parking was the best option for us. Booking was a simple process; the standard flight and car details needed to be filled in and then the confirmation is emailed to you, with instructions on what to do on the day.
Once 20 minutes away from LHR, we simply called to say we were close and drove up to the car parking level at Terminal 2. We were met by a representative who gave us a card for the return and off we went as he took photos of our car. The whole dropping off process took less than 5 minutes and the car park was a very short walk to the terminal building lifts and trolleys.
Once inside and checked in- we utilised another service SkyParkSecure offer which is lounge access via Lounge Pass – which provides access to over 400 lounges. The lounge available to us was Plaza Premium – winner of the Skytrax 2017 independent airport lounge award. It was very busy when we walked in – with pretty much all the chairs and tables take up. However, luckily for us, the sofa area at the entrance had space, so we set up base there. It was great for the girls to be able to enjoy a snack and then lie down (especially as it was bedtime)
Quite a few families had the same idea who were on the same flight as us. I do like a lounge as usually you can find a seat and it just makes it so much easier if one of the girls are hungry or tired. However, many independent lounges don’t allow children unless over 12. This one fortunately did and provided an array of hot and cold food, a bar, newspapers, magazines and WiFi. There wasn’t a great deal of choice for vegetarians but the salad was fresh and crispy and the vegetable curry looked popular. My girls loved the chicken salad wraps.
On the return flight- picking up our car was just as smooth. Simply a call when you pick up your luggage and then meet to collect your car.
Are you flying soon or planning your next trip away? Enter this competition for free airport parking with SkyparkSecure.
If you would like to be in with a chance to try SkyParkSecure car-parking, enter my competition to win 1 of 2 prizes of 8 days free car-parking at one of their UK airports.
*Entry is via Rafflecopter with 2 simple steps. Bonus entries are available too! Terms and conditions are below.
Competition Terms and Conditions.
*Prize is open to UK residents over 18 only.
*There are 2 prizes of 8 days free parking available for one car.
*The maximum value of each prize is £100.
*This prize is not transferable as cash or by other means.
*Any parking charges over £100 for 8 days must be paid for by each winner.
*Only airport parking sites which are operated by SkyParkSecure are eligible.
*Employees of SkyParkSecure cannot enter.
*Entry is through Rafflecopter on this URL only.
*The winner will be chosen randomly by Rafflecopter.
- The winner will be supplied with their prize direct from SkyParkSecure and must provide full email address to receive the prize. Open Worldwide.
- Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means the entrant is willing to be added to the Flying With A Baby mailing list. You are free to unsubscribe at any time.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date of on GMT 00:00 on 20/11/2017
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Prize must be used by December 2018.
- The winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within seven days another winner will be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond my control, and accordingly I may vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to me at the promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- The winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen.
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Disclosure: This giveaway is in collaboration with SkyParkSecure.
The Queen of Collage
Monday 27th of November 2017
We aren't flying abroad yet but will bare this in mind #familytraveltips
Monday 20th of November 2017
Sunday 19th of November 2017
Sunday 19th of November 2017
Sunday 19th of November 2017