One of the first things recommended when you are considering a road trip with a toddler (or traveling with a toddler at any time!) is don’t forget to pack the snacks. If you are a bit stumped at what car snacks to bring, then this guide has 40 easy road trip snacks for toddlers that older kids will enjoy too!
Road trip snacks for kids
When you are packing your favorite road trip snacks for kids, it is definitely easier and saves on squabbles if each child has their own snack pack. You can buy great ‘bento’ style organizer boxes which can hold a variety of travel snacks or for toddlers use something like the Munchkin snack catcher to stop spills on the go. They will get plenty of use whether you are on a long road trip with kids or an outing to the park.
40 Road Trip Snack Ideas For Kids
Whether you are looking for healthy snacks for road trips or just easy car snacks for kids and toddler, we’ve got you covered below! If you are flying with a toddler, most of the below will make ideal airplane snacks for kids too, but make sure your airline permits peanuts or other nuts to be brought on board. We use a Ziploc bag and ice cubes to keep things chilled! Also, reminder, young children should be supervised when eating to avoid choking!
- mini breadsticks
- dried apricots
- cereal bars
- brioche rolls
- fruit sticks/fruit leather
- breadsticks or oat cakes with cream cheese or hummus.
- carrot sticks
- cucumber sticks
- grapes (halved vertically)
- boiled eggs
- rice crackers
- pork pies
- frozen Frubes/Gogurt or other branded frozen yoghurt tubes
- cheese sticks
- granola bars
- dry cereal (Cheerios etc)
- mini malt loaf
- mini rice cakes
- mini bagels
- cheese crackers
- mini muffins
- apple slices with peanut butter dip
- popcorn (older than 4 years old when supervised)
- pepperami sticks
- cocktail sausages
- mini scotch eggs
- yoghurt covered raisins
- cheese strings
- apple crisps
- puffed snacks
- animal crackers
- fruit pouches eg Ella’s Kitchen, GoGo Squeez
- Ella’s Kitchen nibbly fingers
- Organix range of toddler snacks
- banana bread
- toddler trail mix (dried cereal, m&m’s, raisins, Cheerios etc) These are great fun road trip snacks for kids!
- cheerios and strawberry laces – these make a good car snack for toddlers as they double up as a fine motor skill too.
- cookies – here is an easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Print these snack ideas out by clicking on the image below of Easy Road Trip Snacks for Toddlers
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways to get further useful helps and tips!
1. Join our friendly TRAVEL WITH BABIES and TODDLERS Facebook Group here, which includes lots of ideas & tips for travel with little one, no matter where you live in the world!
3. FOLLOW Flying With A Baby on the following platforms for EXCLUSIVE content :
4. If you loved the content and want to say thank you, please click here to buy me a virtual coffee
5. Please SHARE this post with your friends.
Thank you for your support as always.